WTB: HW-9 or HW-99 kit

AI7R ai7r at PRESENCEKNOWN.COM
Sun Sep 20 12:48:31 EDT 1998

Hey, talk about a shot in the dark!

As a young ham I enjoyed building Heaths, probably more for the building
than for the using.  Oh, they worked just fine...pretty much 100% of the
time from day two. (day one being the building of the kit - grin)  I even
started doing crazy things, like buying and building an SB-200 just to turn
right around and sell it for the price of another SB-200 in kit form so I
could enjoy building another one.  In some ways it's probably a good thing
Heath stopped marketing kits or I'd be in some mental farm with a soldering
gun in one hand, those little plastic tuning wands clutched in the other,
and babbling something about hating the part about measuring and prepping
the wires as I stared off into the distance. (with a little drool on my chin
of course)

So, knowing it's a limited possibility to actually capture the bliss just
one last time, I thought I'd put out a heart felt plea to anyone still
holding on to an HW-9 or an HW-99 still in kit form.  I promise my family
won't take legal action if I turn into the above "kit crazed vegi".  But, if
I could get one last shot at building one of those fine kits, I would then
go to heaven a fulfilled human being. (hopefully not for a few dozen years
yet though)

So, if you have one of these and would like to see it go to a good home, and
see the complete building process published on a web page to try to bring
the flavor of Heath building to the world, please consider selling me some
history.

Thanks for the bandwidth and consideration.  73 to all! (72 to HW-9 owners)

http://www.presenceknown.com/radio
Dave Kelley, AI7R

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov