Checking of Attachments For Viruses

wa1vwl wa1vwl at GROLEN.COM
Fri Apr 2 18:58:37 EST 1999

It's not enough to have an anti-virus program running on your machine.
It must be current! That is to say, new viruses come out every week.
Your old program may only be configured to detect what was available
last week-or-so. That's why the serious companies engaged in anti-virus
software detection have so-called automatic updates available on their
web sites. Sometimes even that isn't enough. The company where I work is
one that was targeted and mentioned in the national news media when the
Melissa virus hit. It was too new and spread too fast. Additionally some
of my co-workers were careless. And some of them are software engineers!
The best thing to do is what you did. You didn't open the file, you
deleted it.

73/Gerry/W1ID

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov