More Titanic

James D. Mayfield kb9bnr at REVEALED.NET
Tue Apr 13 08:05:18 EDT 1999

The one thing I have not been able to find out is what frequency was the
Titanic on? I seem to recall it was somewhere like 500 or 600 meters.
Anyone know?

I have really enjoyed this discussion. Thanks again to all the guys and
gals who have provided information. I never considered myself a Titanic
expert, but I guess I was a lot more up on the subject than I had thought,
although I did learn several new facts. I was surprised by a few e-mails I
got from a few of the guys here. They really needed to brush up!!!

By the way did any of you work the Titanic special event station last year
about this time on 20 meters?? That was I who put that station on the air.
I worked over 500 contacts world wide that day, and could have worked more.
I worked several DX stations, many state side, and even K6JET on-board his
757 over Greenland. When the event was over, I told everyone on 20 meters
tnx fer the qso's, and one guy keyed up and simply said "Thanks Jack
Phillips" It was a lot of fun, I still am getting QSLs. I should have done
it again this year. But things are just to busy. Maybe next year??

73 Dave

Dave Mayfield KB9BNR
Personal Web Page
http://home.revealed.net/qste/bnr/index.html