Heath GR-91 Info

Richard Post post at OUVAXA.CATS.OHIOU.EDU
Tue Apr 13 13:35:01 EDT 1999

Wally,

Can't help with the manual or schematic. Don't have one for mine.  Had to
repair and do alignment tweeking without manual but this is a relatively
simple set.   Can tell you that this is an AC-only set.  Power transformer
is there by design. I don't think that Heath ever stooped to making a true
AC-DC hot chassis or floating ground set.  Too dangerous.

73, Rich

>Greetings,
>
>Just picked up one of these, ratty case but the cute little thing works.
>S-meter isn't right, dial calibration is way off on most bands, but I
>can't resist at least making it as good as it can be short of a body
>shop.
>
>Strange to find a AC/DC sort of  tube lineup with a 50C5 audio output
>but has a isolation transformer. Must have been a AC/DC design that got
>converted for safety's sake.
>
>I'd sure like to find a schematic copy and some brief alignment
>instructions. Voltage chart could be useful to troubleshoot the s-meter
>problem too.
>
>Any copying costs/etc repaid.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Wally Gibbons
>Rockwall at tcsourceone.com

      Boatanchor Pix website - KB8TAD
  http://oak.cats.ohiou.edu/~postr/bapix/
           mailto:postr at ohiou.edu
visit the Museum of Radio and Technology website
   http://oak.cats.ohiou.edu/~postr/MRT/

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
and in body: signoff HEATH