Buy a new Heathkit now

Randy Kaeding randyk at PARRETT.NET
Wed Apr 14 17:47:48 EDT 1999

Heathkit lovers:

As I hinted at several weeks ago, the Heathkit Company may be making a production run of their GR-1009 portable radio. This a real Heathkit which has been packed at the factory and includes a manual that was written by experienced Heathkit manual writers. The only difference between the new manual and the original manual that was written many years ago is that a few parts became no longer available, and I had to modify a few steps to use new parts that were slightly different.

A number of the radios are now available at the factory at 1-800-253-0570. The price is around $45.00. This price may be a little high, but the company is actually making very little on each sale. The company that made the plastic cabinet parts and knobs no longer has the dies, so there will never be another run of this radio.

Randy, K8TMK
"One of the Hams (still) at Heathkit"