Rocket Crystal Radio

Barry A. Watzman Watzman at IBM.NET
Fri Apr 16 21:02:50 EDT 1999

>re: "Frankly, there's no comparison when one looks at the radio experience v. the WWW.  Tune your receiver on 20 meters late in the evening, mid-summer, with the lights in the shack dimmed"

It did work better when the radio had glowing filaments.  And when the heat from an HX-10 Marauder and an HQ-180 [Hammarlund] was enough to make things toasty warm in the middle of January.

Barry Watzman
WA4PCC

[And you thought I was only a computer geek]
[And also formerly one of the Hams at Heath]