A kit I'd like to see.

Edward Swynar VE3 CUI gswynar at DURHAM.NET
Sun Apr 18 14:47:04 EDT 1999

I had very good success with the 12AU7 circuit depicted in the first
edition of ARRL's "Understanding Amateur Radio"...

Sure, the thing drifted some when first built, but it taught me---among
other things!---the benefits of temperature compensating capacitors.
Contrary to time honoured belief at VE3CUI, those silver mica jobbies are
NOT the "...be all & end all" when it comes to stability.

I've built numerous rigs in my time, but I must say, tackling a good,
working VFO was a source of special pride to me...

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ

----------
> From: Conrad Hoffman <crhoff at BESTNETPC.COM>
> To: HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
> Subject: Re: A kit I'd like to see.
> Date: April 18, 1999 2:18 PM
>
> An Opinion,
>
> Building a really good VFO is not all that easy.  I have done them from
> scratch and have assembled a couple while doing a Heath Marauder and
Apache.

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
and in body: signoff HEATH