SB-102 antenna conections

Steve and Anne Ray sbralr at WORLDNET.ATT.NET
Mon Apr 26 19:53:36 EDT 1999

I recommend you replace it with a SO-239.   This avoids murphy from having
you plug in a speaker or something else into the RF output.  See my article
on mods for the HW-101/SB-100 series on KB9JJA page.

http://members.accessus.net/~dwentz/kb9jja/heathkit/

My contribution to Dale's excellent page is under Mods called HW-101 Mod
Collection by Steve Ray K4JPN  Practically all the mods are applicable to
the SB-100 series also.

Addition of a SO-239 connector at the antenna output. There are several ways
to do this. (1) I used a standard SO-239 in place of the phone jack. Use a
sheet metal ream to enlarge the hole, then decide if you want to mount the
flange inside or outside of the chassis. If outside, simply drill mounting
holes and remount the ground going from relay RL1 to one of the mounting
screws. If you desire to have the flange on the SO-239 inside the chassis,
simply file down one side of the flange till it clears the bracket of the
final switch shield. Then drill your screw holes and reconnect the ground
from RL1. (2) Another method is to use an 83-875 1002 coaxial connector.
This is a single hole SO-239. Don t forget to ground relay RL1 on a
convenient ground. This can be the screws in the hole at the shield at the
back of the chassis.

Steve Ray K4JPN ex K1VKW HW-101, HW-8, SWL 30-40,
Pixie II, NC 38S, OHR 100A 30 M and Heath Kit fan
Warner Robins, Georgia

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
and in body: signoff HEATH