SB-200/Sb-102 Glitch revisited

Carl Hyde cshyde at YAHOO.COM
Mon Aug 2 09:12:16 EDT 1999

Well more on the saga of the SB-200 problems. In an
effort to solve the signal attenuation problem when
the amp is turned on I did a couple of suggested
procedures.  I cleaned the relay contacts with de-oxit
and a piece of card stock. And I rechecked the wiring
of the transmit relay output from the SB-200 plug to
the amp.  So after putting it back in the system
another problem surface.  I now have no idle plate
current and the amp doesn't appear to work at all.
Everything lites up and there is normal hi voltage but
it won't tune and load at all. The only power out is
from the exciter.  Without a manual its a pain to try
to find these problems.  I have a manual on the way
but would be open to suggestions by those experienced
with the SB-200 as to what went wrong.  Thanks again.

===
Carl S.HYDE
W2CSH

Eagles May Soar, But Weasles Never Get Sucked Into Jet Engines!

Politics: From the Greek word Poli, meaning many and
the word tics, meaning blood sucking parasites.

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov