SB-200/SB-102 Again

Carl Hyde cshyde at YAHOO.COM
Tue Aug 3 13:33:13 EDT 1999

Well last night I dug into the problem in the SB-200
and here's what I found.  At the suggestion of one
reply I unplugged the relay cable into the SB-200 and
hooked up another cable so that I could ground the
interface. Sure enough the relay tripped in the SB-200
and Plate current was present at about 90 Milliamps
just like it should be.  So the problem appears to be
in the SB-102.  So if you trace the pin 5/11 signals
to the SB-200 the ground is provided by contacts on
relay RL-1 I believe pins 5,6,7.  I removed both
relays and cleaned the contacts and re-installed them.
 I didn't have time to test it but I will tonight.  So
I may have a bad relay in the SB-102 and it appears
the SB-200 is just fine.  So thanks everyone for the
many good troubleshooting tips and I'll keep you
posted.

===
Carl S.HYDE
W2CSH

Eagles May Soar, But Weasles Never Get Sucked Into Jet Engines!

Politics: From the Greek word Poli, meaning many and
the word tics, meaning blood sucking parasites.

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov