Heath CD rom

Terry Perdue terryp at HALCYON.COM
Mon Aug 9 13:43:06 EDT 1999

The idea of a CD ROM of Heath manuals sure appeals to me, and I'm sure I'm not alone. I have no idea how much work would be involved, but if Heath is offering manual reprints now, they must have either computer files and/or printed material that could be scanned for many of the kits. If a picture of the product (like from the inner manual cover), a schematic, and the Introduction, Theory of  operation, Alignment, Operation, and Troubleshooting sections could be put on a CD ROM, I'll bet they could sell 1000 of them at maybe $25-30. That should make it worth putting someone on the project for a month or two. There must be companies in the business of doing this. It would be even more appealing if it had interior shots of some of the more popular products, some plant photos, copies of early ads and reviews, catalog covers, and other items of interest. How about it Randy? Has anyone there considered doing something like this?