Heath CD rom

Terry Perdue terryp at HALCYON.COM
Mon Aug 9 16:42:47 EDT 1999

Don,

Why don't you take your negative attitude somewhere else. Everyone else on
this list is here because we enjoy Heathkits and want to help each other.
Your comments are not helping anyone. During the days that they produced
kits, Heath went out of their way to be helpful, even to pain-in-the-butt
customers like you probably were. But Heath is not in the kit business
anymore, and the resources that they have are focused on their current
products - it's just good business sense. Maybe they charge more than you
think is reasonable for manual reprints, but the manuals are out of print
and it takes someone time to run the copy machine. We're lucky that they're
even willing to bother with that. If you have ever purchased a manual for
obsolete equipment from HP or Tek, you'll consider Heath's price very
reasonable. All we can do is let them know that enough of us would be
willing to buy a CD ROM that it could be a profitable product, and hope they
will consider it. Badmouthing the company or individual employees isn't
going to do any good at all.

Terry

> Heath wont do that. It would be helping former customers without lining
> their pockets with millions. You can forget that sort of Idea. It amazes
> me that there are not heath warez sites. I guess there would be if more
> people were involved. Heath does not give a shit about any customer that
> they had at any time in the history of the company. You can be loyal and
> pray to the heath god, but he wont let you have a schematic.
>
> Don

Sponsored by the City of Tempe

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov