CPU chip for the ID 4001 Weather Computer

Christian Fandt cfandt at NETSYNC.NET
Fri Aug 27 16:50:24 EDT 1999

Upon the date 02:39 PM 8/27/99 -0400, Joseph Dube said something like:
>I am in desperate need for a CPU chip for The Heath ID 4001 weather
>computer the part number is 444-23 or the replacement MK 3870. The part
>must have been in a working weather computer or made for heathkit.
>These chips were ordered blank and them programed by the factory for the
>customers ( in this case Heath for the weather computer ).

They were mask-programmed chips.

A couple of us were able to buy the few left that Ron Oxley had early in
1998. Check with him at "Ronald Oxley <rtoxl at andrews.edu>" and see if he
has any more or can make more (small chance, but hey, it's a shot). I
bought one in April '98 to repair a good friend's unit.

> If I cannot find this part I would be willing to part this unit out.
>It is extremely clean and did work quite well. I have the inside unit
>and Two (2) outside units - annomometer and wind vane. I would prefer to
>get the part and repair my unit but if that is not possible maybe we can
>talk about parting my unit out.  Have a good day out there Heathkit
>lovers!!!!

Sure would hate to see it parted out. I've thought of using a different
microcontroller (one thats AVAILABLE! ;) and writing my own software for
it, but I need a non-working unit first. Seems relatively simple.

Good luck,  Chris
-- --
Christian Fandt,         Electronic/Electrical Historian
Jamestown, NY  USA      cfandt at netsync.net
        Member of Antique Wireless Association

Sponsored by the City of Tempe

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov