sb-303 LMO problem

wa1vwl wa1vwl at GROLEN.COM
Mon Aug 30 18:42:02 EDT 1999

Had a similar problem last year when I bought an SB-303 for the princely
sum of fifty bucks. Took it home, turned it on, and...same results you
got. Way back in the bowels of the SB-303 manual is a short note
addressing that problem. It seems there's supposed to be a 50 Ohm dummy
resistor plugged into the LMO OUT jack when the 303 is used by itself .
When I plugged one in, the LMO behaved. The previous owner didn't try
that, apparently. Tried to pry open the LMO with what seemed to be a can
opener. At least the results seemed to be that way. The 50 Ohm resistor
is not needed if you plan to use the 303 with the SB-400/401. Check the
transmitter manual for more precise info.

73/Gerry/W1ID

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov