DX-100 knob mystery - summary of responses...

www.boatanchors.com dave at BOATANCHORS.COM
Tue Aug 31 17:13:00 EDT 1999

Hello again all,

I posted earlier today a question about the red inset knobs on my
DX-100 - are they original?

Interesting responses!!!  Of the 25 or so who replied to me, about
10 said 'My DX-100 is totally original and has no red knobs.  Yours
has been modified'.  The rest said 'My DX-100 is totally original and
has two red knobs - yours is as it should be' (I am paraphrasing, of
course).

So this begs the question did Heath make 2 versions of the DX-100,
one with red DRIVE and FINE LOAD knobs, and one with gray?  One
of the respondents said the Heath changed the DX-100 at some point
and eliminated the inset knob shafts, eliminating the need for an
inset red knob for the inner shaft.

While I'm now  content to know my DX-100 is in fact original with the
red knobs, I feel like I now have more questions than were answered.

Does anyone here really know for certain?  Anyone have old catalogs
with color photos?  I'd be interested in knowing for sure.

Thanks for all the responses.

Take care,

Dave WB7AWK
http://www.boatanchors.com