Questions about crystal filters on Heath product line

Bob Groh WA2CKY rgroh at SWBELL.NET
Tue Aug 31 23:49:58 EDT 1999

Well, I'm feeling a little stupid.  It turns out that there
have been lots of different crystal filters used on the
Heath SB-xxx line although it looks like the biggest
difference is mechanical.  Has anyone come up with a list of
part numbers, electrical specifications and radio's that the
various crystal filters were used on?  I have a start based
on my two radios (an SB-100 and a SB-303) plus some other
filters I have in my parts box.  All are for 3395 kHz IF and
all (??) seem to be 2K ohm in and out impedance.  What I
have so far

404-283    SSB filter, smaller case  Used on SB-303 note 1
404-548    CW Filter, smaller case,  Used on __???____
404-284-1  CW filter, smaller case   Used on SB-303 note 1

404-200    SSB filter, large case, used on SB-100 note 2
404-M201(?) AM filter, ?? case, used on SB-300
404-200     SSB filter used on SB-300 note 3
404-202     CW filter used on SB-300  Note 3

Notes:
1.  Also used on SB-300,301, 310 and 313 according to Penson
2.  No room in SB-100 for CW filter (??)
3.  Yes, this is a conflict with note 1 but seems to be the
case??

So I'm throughly confused.  Don't have manuals for most of
these rigs.  All help and information throughly appreciated.

Bob Groh, WA2CKY

Sponsored by the City of Tempe

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov