jack foultz's apology

Steve Harrison ko0u at OS.COM
Wed Dec 1 13:42:50 EST 1999

At 09:43 AM 1999-12-01 -0800, Jack Nelson wrote:
>hello jack
>for what its worth to you, you are more human than the childish one who
>blasted you,

For what it's worth: I didn't "blast" Mr. Foultz: just the individual who
sees fit to part out a radio and sell it bit by bit on xXxx. Anybody who
likes seeing that done must also like bidding on a radio, then having to
bid on its power cord in a separate auction, then the manual in another
auction, then the mike, then all the little accessory plugs and adapters
(one by one) and finally the mobile mounting bracket; same principle. Mr.
Foultz was merely the messenger of really bad news. He wasn't splattered
with anything; but his message was waddled up, tossed across the room, then
stomped upon a few times, and finally burned.

>i hope for the good of collectors that you don't change,

Collectors, by the way, are NOT all that this (and other) reflectors are
about; the vast majority of us are RESTORERS so that we can USE. Few of us
simply buy then display behind glass.

>too bad that some seem to think that they are the  only one who  knows
>whats good for the group.

What's good for the reflector is whatever is good to help each of us
maintain, restore, use, and yes, perhaps even upgrade where and when
necessary, Heath radio equipment. That good occurs and comes in many
flavors; but having to bid on each individual piece of a radio does NOBODY
any good other than the selfish seller who breaks it apart simply for that
purpose without making a reasonable attempt to find buyers elsewhere. I
don't know whether that individual did, or didn't, look for other buyers in
other venues such as these reflectors. I certainly don't remember seeing
his stuff advertised anywhere else.

>i am in the radio hobby for the fun of it, when and if its no longer fun
>i will find something else to do with my time, life is too short to
>spend much of it in anger.

I agree; that's why I don't bother with bidding on xXxx any more, too much
insaneness taking place there such as this. Restorers need that kind of
thing like the world needs another war.

Let's knock this nonsense off and get back on topic, leaving xXxx out of
here. xXxx is too emotional a topic to be coherently discussed in ANY forum.

73, Steve K0XP

Sponsored by the City of Tempe

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov