Heathkit info needed - EUW-15 etc.

Richard Post post at OUVAXA.CATS.OHIOU.EDU
Mon Dec 13 17:08:42 EST 1999

Mike,

Nice find!

Heath EUW-15 hi-volt variable power supply, 6.3 VAC and stepped resistor
voltage divider 100-500 V as well as variable B+ 180-300 V at 100 MA.

Check at your local university library for TK7815 .M25 by  Malmstadt,
Howard V., and C.G. Enke, with the assistance of E.C. Toren, Jr
 Title:
"Electronics for Scientists: principles and experiments for those who use
instruments"
 New York, W.A. Benjamin, 1962

The appendix of the book has complete info/ pictorials/ schematic /etc. on
the EUW-15.  A couple of the chapters have experiments based on this supply.

Power can be tapped from either the octal connectors or the binding posts.
There is provision for an external milliameter.  The power supply can be
configured internally in several different ways using spring connector
clips. (as bridge, center-tapped, half-wave, full-wave, choke input, etc.)

The electrolytics are in SERIES.  I recommend reforming the caps separately
one at a time with an external supply so that the leakier of the two does
not cause excess voltage on the better cap. (That is the voice of
experience with this piece.)

The pass tube is a 6L6GB (or 6L6GC).

73 de Rich

>Hi,
>
>Also, a Nice Universal Lab Power Supply (EUW-15).  Needs front rubber
>feet but otherwise excellent too.  Does anyone have the specs for this
>power supply that they could email me ?  I see a switch marked High
>Voltage, two octal sockets as well as the ususual connectors..... and a
>divider switch.  One of the outputs is marked filament as well.....
>
>Thanks for any help you can give.
>
>Mike, W9WIS

      Boatanchor Pix website - KB8TAD
  http://oak.cats.ohiou.edu/~postr/bapix/
           mailto:postr at ohiou.edu
visit the Museum of Radio and Technology website
   Short form redirect      http://zip.to/MRT
Full URL   http://oak.cats.ohiou.edu/~postr/MRT/

Sponsored by the City of Tempe

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov