HW-100 Mic/CW Level

Daniel Camp n0kfy at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Dec 16 11:59:19 EST 1999

OK, Heathens:  another question from a vacuum tube rookie...(hey...this list
hasn't let me down yet!!!)

I was not getting any reliable output from my HW-100.  I took it over to a
friend's place, and we hooked it up to his ho-16 to see what the output
looked like.  Here's what we found.

Finals are OK...(got the obvious out of the way first).

The MIC/CW Level control is acting like an on/off switch...at a certain
point of rotation it goes from no output to full oscillation.  I'm thinking
that this is a bad thing.

So...any advice on where to start...other than cleaning the pot with the
cleaner of my choice?  (will be doing that in the near future).

This is my main station rig...fortunately I was able to borrow a (non
heathkit) rig until I get this up and going, but I'd like that to be sooner
than later.

Tnx & 73, Dan, KK7UZ

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov