hw-101 cw

Ed Curran WA9YYF sandys1 at IX.NETCOM.COM
Fri Dec 17 05:39:52 EST 1999

Hi,

I had a similar problem that drove me nuts. I was not getting the side tone
all the time and therefore it would not key reliably. I too found changing
tubes helped, but only for a short while. I found my rig did not like GE
tubes in that position as when I got an nos JAN tube it worked fine.

Also check R328, it should be 470k ohms. It might have aged and gone up in
value.  You seem to be able to replace it with anything you have handy, I
have been told that as low as 200k will work just fine.

I also changed D202 from a 15 volt zener to a 12 volt zener.

Good luck getting it going.

73, Ed

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov