HK-232 TNC troubles

Robert Norgard rnorgard at GCI.NET
Sun Dec 19 03:50:27 EST 1999

On Sat, 18 Dec 1999, you wrote:
> I recently bought a Heathkit HK-232, which is supposedly identical to the
> AEA PK-232. The past couple of days I've been trying to hook it up to the
> computer in my shack with no luck. The computer simply doesn't want to talk
> to the TNC. I tried it at the house of a friend who has the AEA model and it
..........any thought on what I should try next?
>                                                         73,
>                                                        Jay, KF6RMG
rv.tempe.gov - -"signoff heath"

I remember having similar problems with my PK-232.  I think I
had the comm baud rate wrong.  Something tells me you should try
4800.  Could be it defaults to 4800, but don't know any other
settings.

If you still can't talk to it with PK-232 software, try a
regular comm program like HyperTerm, etc.  Doesn't really matter
which and see if you can talk to it directly.  This would
make it easier to try different baud rates to see which it
defaults to.  Someone on the list may be able to give you a few
"raw" commands to try on it.  You can actually use it just fine
with a dumb terminal.

Hope this helps.  73, and Merry Christmas!

-- Bob Norgard - KL7FM
www.home.gci.net/~rnorgard

Sponsored by the City of Tempe

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov