This time the virus came from BC CA

Bob Carner rscarner at VT.EDU
Mon Dec 20 12:41:30 EST 1999

Folks;
        These incidents should be reported to abuse@ +the ISP (abuse at midbc.com, for example in this case). I manage a small number of computers (about 25-30) and have these problems all the time. Don't get your hopes up though, I've rarely seen the ISP resolve these types of problems. You usually get an automated response and nothing else!
        Happy Holidays
        Bob Carner

At 12:11 PM 12/20/99 -0500, you wrote:
>In my case, the email came from/via dial017.midbc.com 204.244.172.176
>which belongs to:
>
>Mid BC dot COM
>#101 19 N. 1st Ave.
>Williams Lake, BC V2G-4T6
>CA
>
>Administrative Contact, Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
>Lewis, Dave  (DL5314)  dave at MIDBC.COM
>250-392-5110
>
>Quite a ways from Denville NJ... I'll be calling/emailing them
>shortly.
>
>John Farrington wrote:
>>
>> In this case the bogus E-mail came from or via 209.123.116.60, which
>> belongs to:
>>
>>     Net Access Corp., 110 S. Jefferson Rd, Newton, NJ, 07860,
>>  and/or               104 Broadway, Denville, NJ, 07834,
>>      Coordinator Ryan Pavely  (201) 983-0725
>>                  paradox at NAC.NET,
>>
>> so perhaps someone on our list has local access to that phone number
>> and could inform Mr. Pavely that one of NAC's addresses is being used
>> to forward virus files. Maybe they have the means to trace it.
>>
>> 73
>>
>> John Farrington  KE5ZB
>
>Sponsored by the City of Tempe
>
>Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov

Bob Carner, EE, SysAdmin, and Network Liason
Brooks Forest Products Center
Department of Wood Science and Forest Products
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
rscarner at vt.edu (work)
rscarner at usit.net (home)

540 231-7453 (office)
540 231-8868 (fax)