HW-9 question and wants..

mike bryce prosolar at SSSNET.COM
Fri Dec 24 12:24:11 EST 1999

brian.....

here's another tip

sometimes the finals self oscillate on 10 meters.

to find out, first dial up the transmit frequency on a second receiver. With
the hw-9 into a dummy load, key it. If you can hear yourself, then the HFO
and VFO and mixer stages are in fact working.

Now, remove the bottom cover and key the rig once again. Quickly get your
WCFT on the final's heat sink. If they are hot i.e. take the first layer of
skin off your WCFT, then the finals are oscillating. Only one final may be
hot, the other ice cold.

 btw.. WCFT= Well calibrated Finger Tip

Mike Bryce
SunLight Energy Systems