HW-16 HUM Problem - Fix

Mark V. Johnson VE3DJU mjohnson at CA.IBM.COM
Fri Dec 24 17:07:04 EST 1999

Hello wolfbob at csnsys.com

Thanks for the reply Bob...Appreciate the feedback..I've found a
"discussion' often leads to ideas....Yes I did replace the audio output
tube and got the exact same problem...Also, I checked grounding on the
circuit board and even tried probing at ground with a jumper attached to
GND. That is, with one end attached to GND, I touched the other end to
various gnd spots on teh circuit board..no change...I also thought I had a
cathode to htr short in the other tubes...I pulled ALL tubes except the
6HF6 and still got hum....I then checked out the htr wiring circuit and
made sure it was grounded OK..No fix....

I tried putting grounded tube sheilds around the tubes..No change...I tried
using a sheilded pwr lead from the pwr supply to the connection pt on the
circuit board..No change. I traced the audio cables back to the AF gain
control...All gnds OK, any attempts to jumper past..No change.......A very
HAIRY BUG!..Thanks again for the ideas Bob!

Bob <wolfbob at csnsys.com> on 12/24/99 03:52:33 PM

Please respond to wolfbob at csnsys.com