SS9000 Xmit Audio Problem

Mark S Graalman wb8jkr at JUNO.COM
Wed Dec 29 17:03:21 EST 1999

  Steve,  If the problem were with placement of the carrier points
on the filter skirts I would think you'd hear the effect in the receive
audio response but at any rate, a better way to check it would be
to use a audio generator set at about  1200 hz and feed its output
into the mic jack, set the mic gain and/or generator output level for
about 40-50 watts out of the rig then without changing anything else
switch the audio generator from about 500 Hz to about 2000 Hz and
see if the RF output drops to the same level when comparing LSB to
USB. If both LSB and USB don't  show about the same result or the
output isn't the same between sidebands with the generator set for
the approximate center of the vocal range then the BFO oscillators
aren't set properly to the filter passband regardless what the frequency
counter says. If all is well there, then I suggest looking for low value
caps or
open caps, bad solder connections etc. in the audio coupling capacitors
or emitter/drain bypass caps in the audio sections.

Mark  WB8JKR

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov