Restructuring

William Mabry n4qa at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Dec 30 23:21:15 EST 1999

Please forgive the off-topic nature of this posting but I know we're gonna see a few about this for a while.
I believe we have much to be encouraged about in the FCC's latest Report and Order.
I shall always be a CW operator but I respect the opinions / habits of the next guy.
That CW remains a requirement at all ( even if only 5 WPM ) thrills me to no end!
CW remains an authorized mode on ANY amateur frequency.
No refarming of the Novice subbands...  at least, not until there is a consensus among us as to just what their best usage would be.
Incentives to upgrade are still alive... three classes of license should suffice.
All modes of communication will carry on.
Rejoice, great Amateur Radio Community!
73 and Happy Y2K to all!
Bill N4QA