Apache

Bill Wyatt bwyatt at ONENET.NET
Fri Feb 12 12:53:37 EST 1999

Hi everyone,

I have an Apache that is is fair to good
condition.  The case is a little rough as far as
the paint goes but not dents of holes.  There is a
bit of rust on the top, a place about the size of
where a large water glass would have set.  The
front panel cleaned up nice and the knobs will
polish up good.  All the glass and the tuning dial
cylinder is in good shape.

Electrically it is also in fair to good shape.  I
have had it powered up and the driver tube (12BY7,
I think) appears to be bad.  I get some drive on
the  meter but no output  I have changed the
6146's so I know they are good.  There is high
voltage and a tiny bit of current.  Also, there is
one tube missing in the audio section.  Probably
an audio amp. or something, I have no book on the
rig.

I had plans to put the rig on the air but, I have
toooooooo much stuff and I'm sure there is someone
that would like to have it and give it a nice
home.  It is a good fixer.  I would be interested
in trading for some QRP stuff or almost anything,
money is always nice......let me know.

Thanks,

Bill     N5WO

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov