Putting SB614 back into service

Doug_Hensley at GENERALHEALTH.ORG Doug_Hensley at GENERALHEALTH.ORG
Sat Feb 20 14:24:52 EST 1999

I am cleaning up an SB614 to put back into service and not finding much help in
the documentation that I have. I found several components that are experiencing
the effects of too much heat and wonder if anyone on the list has had experience
with this.

Specifically the ZD-101 (diode?  rectifier?) is beginning to char the board and
the solder underneath is deteriorating.  The ZD-102 next to it is suffering also
but I think from the ZD-101 heating.  Can anyone advise why the ZD-101 is
heating that much and can anyone recommend a heartier substitute for it?

Secondly, on the back RF sampling board through which the exciter RF is
magically routed (you should see this path!), there is a 2watt 1500 ohm resister
which on my board has increased in value to about 2K ohms and is just about
coffee-bean material.  Should I replace this with the same size/wattage or would
increasing the wattage here move the ill effects/problem?  My thought is to use
something like a 5 watt wirewound.