Acushnet FOUND!

Daniel T Ruth heathkit at JUNO.COM
Wed Feb 24 17:43:50 EST 1999

On Mon, 22 Feb 1999 23:13:08 -0500 Multi-Volti Devices  writes:
>Acushnet is still apparently in business. I found a parts place that
>had them listed (only the brand was listed, not specifically hv caps for

>Heath gear!)

Boy, do I feel good!  I'm not a frequent contributor (of info) to this
list, but guess what I just found - ACUSHNET's address & phone number:
* * * * * *
Acushnet Capacitor   -  capacitors, film, mica
Voice (252) 747-5943 Fax (252) 747-8979
* * * * * *
I called the number to be sure it still works and Gerd Wuersig answered
and was very helpful.  Now, they're a division of NWL (what used to be
Nat'l Winding Labs).  They're located in Snow Hill (?), North Carolina.
They don't have a catalog.  They may have a presence on the Internet
under www.nwl.com but I didn't check that out yet!

Gerd told me that they still have most of the records from the "old"
ACUSHNET and WILL manufacturer the capacitors we all seem to need from
the Heath SB-6xx series accessories.  When I told him that someone in our
"Heath World" might be a central figure in amassing needed components, HE
WAS MOST APPRECIATIVE - in other words, I'm sure they don't want to do
"onesy - twosy" type orders.  In fact, depending on what is needed, they
may need a minimum order of 50 to fire up the production lines.

I think this is great news, what's say?  Who needs what and who'll be
"momma hen"?
I won't volunteer for anything yet until I see what other interest is out
there.  Maybe somebody like Ron (RTO) would be agreeable to establishing
a relationship with this outfit (because he might benefit in having such
a source for these components).

Danny  W3ZF  heathkit at juno.com

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov