Power Cables for Heathkit

Gary Harmon gharmon at IDWORLD.NET
Sat Jan 30 19:18:07 EST 1999

Several emails ago in a land far away, we discussed the non-availability of
the three pin power cables used on the SB-301, SB-310, some counters, and
who knows what else.  Research has not revealed a source for new cables.
However, dogged persistence netted me a dozen cables this week.  Where you
say?  Send me $10 in unmarked bills or a MR-18 DF receiver and I'll tell
you.  :o)

Seriously folks, I got them from two established
typewriter/copier/calculator/adding machine service centers here in San
Antonio.  Monroe, Frieden, Victor and other manufacturers used a AC cord
that plugs nicely into the receiver.  They came in all colors, round and
flat, straight and 90 degree ends, clean and dirty.  How dirty you ask?  One
guy took me in the back to a storage shed where dirt and grime was rampant.
He yanked down a box of cables that had obviously been there for years.  I
took my treasure home and soaked them in a bucket of Lysol cleaner for an
hour.  After some scrubbing they cleaned up very nice.  Also, I got some of
the 2 pin cables that Heathkit used also.  So much for standards.  :o)

If you don't have access to these kinds of businesses and you really need
one let me know as I'm here to help.

Happy hunting and 73,
gary

P.S.  Leads on a MR-18 gratefully accepted.

Go Spurs!

Gary H. Harmon, Jr. - K5JWK
6302 Robin Forest
San Antonio, TX  78239