Help with IG-72 Audio Generator

Dave zommbee at IX.NETCOM.COM
Thu Jul 1 10:14:28 EDT 1999

Hello Heathniks,

I have an IG-72 I'm trying to get working (without the
schematic, of course :-)

I've recapped it, replaced 1 bad 6X4, but still not
getting it back to life.  There is NOT much to this
thing!  The other tubes test good, and I've tried
substitution as well.  Still zilch.

But there is a lightbulb on the UNDERSIDE of the
chassis - 110v 3w with a screw-in base.  It's open
and I am getting a new one today.  It's different
from the power light - it's not visible with the case
on and seems to be just a load of some sort.

What is this bulb used for and if
it's open, will that stop the unit from oscillating?

Any other ideas on what else could be wrong?

Thanks,

Dave WB7AWK
http://www.boatanchors.com

Sponsored by the City of Tempe