Heath Part # 63-1314 (Rotary Switch) for the GD-1190 ( Metal Detector)

John Backowski johnski at IX.NETCOM.COM
Wed Jul 7 15:41:55 EDT 1999

Hello fellow Heath followers:

I am looking for Heathkit part number 63-1314.  I will pay fair price for the switch. It all started when I decided to build a metal detector for a graduation project. I found the original (model GD-1190)  Heathkit version on the internet. The kit was no longer available, (I'm new at this stuff) so I purchased a reprint of the manual from Heathkit. I received the manual and used the detailed information and diagrams as a blueprint to build my version of the original  McCoy. To my amazement I am one rotary switch away from completeing the project. I am looking for Heathkit part number 63-1314. The part is specified in the GD-1190 Metal Locator manual.. If there is anyone out there that is familiar with this kit I would like to correspond with you.  The outer diameter of the switch is 13/16". I hope this will be helpful to you. Let me know if you require more info. Once completed, I can release my information to you guys, with confidence, that it is currently a worthwhile project. Please email any possible leads to johnski at ix.netcom.com . For reprints of manuals from Heathkit Co.call (616) 925-5899. They will ask you for the model no. that you are seeking.

Optimistic in California

John Backowski