Tube Question

Domenic M. Mallozzi DMallozzi at AOL.COM
Fri Jul 9 20:11:30 EDT 1999

In a message dated 7/8/99 1:13:21 AM !!!First Boot!!!, wolfbob at csnsys.com
writes:

<<      HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV >>

According to the RCA Transmitting Tube Manual

4604 is  a beam power tube. Unlike 6146 it has no linear ratings. Still a
6.3v  filament but rated for half the current (0.65 a). Transconductance is
lower. In addition the 4604 appears to have a quick warm up time (1 second).

The 6293 is a pulse modulator tube with a plate voltage rating of 3500 volts
max. It is basically a switch tube.

Hope that helps. If you need more technical details let me know and I'll be
glad to provide it.

73s

Dom N1DM

Sponsored by the City of Tempe