6DS4 tubes

Steve Harrison ko0u at OS.COM
Sun Jul 11 18:00:27 EDT 1999

At 03:29 PM 1999-07-11 -0400, Dick Blaney wrote:
>All the Nuvistors I've ever had ran hotter than a...........(you fill
>in the blank) when working.  Possibly you've got an open in your tube
>tester heater circuit to that socket.
>73 de
>Dick, WB8MHE
>wb8mhe at bright.net

The last possibility, so-far unmentioned by anybody, is that he could have
had the settings switch where it would provide a too-high filament voltage,
and that could have blown each nuvistor as he plugged it in. I hope not!
And one would think at least a couple would have lasted long enough for him
to feel it get at least warm, if not downright HOT, in those few seconds of
meltdown....

73, Steve K0XP

Sponsored by the City of Tempe

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov