[HeathKit] Needed: SB-301 frequency dial

Steve Harrison ko0u at OS.COM
Tue Jul 13 16:58:34 EDT 1999

At 01:22 PM 1999-07-13 +0000, Ed Richards wrote:
>Carl;
>I don't have a dial, but don't give up on yours. I have saved some pretty
>bad messes by the following method:
>1. Sand area with #400 wet sandpaper.
>2. Polish with rough polishing compound (Pep Boys-red can).
>3. Polish with fine polishing compound (Pep Boys green can).
>4. Finish off with jeweler's rouge in oil, if necessary.
>
>Usually step 3 is enough.

Also at your auto or motorycle parts or dealer store is stuff from
Mequiar's, used to clean and polish scratches and the like from plexiglass
motorcycle windscreesns. I used to ride a large touring bike in the
Southern California deserts. Each night, we would polish our windscreens to
a glossy, better-than-new finish. In the morning, staring into the rising
sun, there would be NO distracting scratches or pings on the windscreen.
Magic. I cannot remember the name of the stuff, but there were two types: a
sorta milky-white cleaner and a sorta-dirty-looking, tan-colored polisher.
The polisher was the really good scratch remover. OH.. and the stuff is
kinda foul-smelling, too. Once, I used the stuff to polish the edges of a
small piece of plastic, completely getting rid of the saw marks and making
the edges as transparent as the main surface. Magic stuff, it was.

73, Steve K0XP

Sponsored by the City of Tempe

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov