[HeathKit] Panel repair

Jordan Arndt jordana at NUCLEUS.COM
Wed Jul 14 22:59:59 EDT 1999

Shadow wrote:

> Hi
> I have used Automotive --> Red body putty to patch some holes in 19" rack
> panels and other equipment that some Jerk has drilled holes in before. Works
> well....  easy to spread, sands easily and takes paint well. Rubber or
> Plastic hole plugs.
>
> Gary
> ====================
>
> Gerry VanLoh wrote:
>
> > Hi All..  I'm looking for hints and kinks here.  I'm thinking of
> > repairing a user added extra hole that someone drilled into the front
> > aluminum panel of an SB-100 type rig.  Any good handy methods you've
> > used with success that I might try on something like this?  Fortunately,
> > no panel labels are involved but it's a real nice extra switch hole.
> >
> > Thanks much !
> > Gerry
> >
> > WAØJCV
> >
> > ---
> > Submissions heathkit at qth.net
>
> Sponsored by the City of Tempe
>
> Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov

An OLD trick is to melt solder into the hole, filling the hole
completely... then ball hammering it for a force fit, then filing and
sanding it and primeing and final finishing the area... this is done
with the panel off and on a flat surface of course... it will not dry
and crack as some other methods will... 73 de Jordan...

Sponsored by the City of Tempe

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov