HW101 AVC after Transmit...HELP

Steve and Anne Ray sbralr at WORLDNET.ATT.NET
Fri Jul 16 09:55:13 EDT 1999

In the 1978 issue of the ARRL Hints and Kinks on page 37 there is a simple fix, I did it years ago to cure the same problem.  The article is called "Improved Recovery for Heathkit Transceivers and Modification for the SB200 Linear Amp"  I do not know anything about the 2nd part of the article on Modifications for the SB200 Linear Amp, but it is unrelated to the first part of the article.  If you or anyone else needs a copy send me a EMail and I will scan it in and send it to you.

73,

Steve Ray K4JPN ex K1VKW HW-101, HW-8, SWL 30-40,
Pixie II, NC 38S, OHR 100A 30 M and Heath Kit fan
Warner Robins, Georgia

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Dave Edwards <ham at CYBERCOMM.NET>
    Date: Thursday, July 15, 1999 8:25 AM
    Subject: HW101 AVC after Transmit...HELP

    Anyone have any ideas on this problem??
    After holding the mic button for about 30 seconds (or transmitting), the receiver comes back with the S meter at about +40db...as if the RF gain control were turned up.
    It slowly drops back to normal in about 10 to 20 seconds or so.
    Shorter transmissions do not exhibit this problem.
    I tried replacing several tubes with no results.(IFs, AVC, RF etc)
    Any ideas???
    ...Dave