Speaker

Ed Richards k6uuz at JUNO.COM
Sat Jul 17 05:22:10 EDT 1999

I went to some Thrift Stores (Salvation Army, etc.) and bought orphaned
stereo speakers for small stereo systems. Got several for $1 for single
speakers up to $5 for a matched pair. They were all 8 ohms. I took the
tweeter out and installed a second mid-range in it's place. Wired in
parallel they provide twice the volume at 4 ohms. I added a switch in
line with one speaker so I can have 8 ohms or 4 ohms. Works good.

Ed Richards

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov