Low 6146 Prices

Misic, George J. GMisic at MEDRAD.COM
Wed Jul 28 15:55:50 EDT 1999

Hi all,

The real problem with the "min Ip, maximum output" neutralization method has
to do with the grid drive to the finals.  This method works fairly well with
Class C finals that are driven fairly hard [so that variations in the drive
level do not materially effect the tube plate current or output power, as
the drive signal switches the tube betwixt cutoff and saturation]; however,
with tubes in Class AB [not driven into saturation], the feedback effects of
the RF signal change the drive level in a somewhat unpredictable way, thus
changing how much drive signal is effectively applied to the tubes.
Removing the plate and screen voltage allows the bridge circuit to be
balanced more effectively.  73.

George KE8RN

Sponsored by the City of Tempe

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov