SB-102/SB-200 Glitch

Carl Hyde cshyde at YAHOO.COM
Thu Jul 29 22:58:21 EDT 1999

Thanks to all the Heathites who sent me tuning
procedures I am able to operate the SB-200 until the
manual gets here.  I have one question which may
reveal a problem.  When I put the SB-200 from Standby
(off) to operate (on) The receive audio is attenuated.
 I have to turn up the audio gain substantially to
hear the contact. When I turn off the amp the audio
returns loud and clear.  I had a similar problem with
a KWM-2 which turned out to be dirty relay contacts.
So my question is could a dirty relay be causing this
and if so is the relay in the SB-102 or the SB-200?
Thanks for the help.

===
Carl S.HYDE
W2CSH

Politics: From the Greek word Poli, meaning many and
the word tics, meaning blood sucking parasites.

"No man is safe while the congress is in session" (Will Rogers)

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov