for sale: semi-built GR-2000

Mark Hughes markhughes at DIALPOINT.NET
Fri Jun 4 21:48:09 EDT 1999

For sale:

1.  Semi-built GR-2000 Heathkit color TV. The former owner assembled 4
modules and two small PC boards before he had a heart attack. The kit has
been stored since then. He was an engineer and did an excellent job of
soldering. The rest of the kit appears never to have been unpacked. It
looks just like it did when Heathkit shipped it. There are no checkmarks in
any of the six manuals.

The GR-2000 has electronic tuning with on screen channel display.

The kit is still packed in two original shipping boxes. The CRT (missing)
was in the third box. The kit has been stored in the dry, no water damage
to the boxes or corrosion on the boards.

The kit appears to be complete except for the CRT (Heath part number
411-811). I did not want to open any of the unopened parts bags, so I did
not try to inventory the kit. I was told it was complete and I believe it
is. The GR-2000 did not come with a case. Plans for building a custom case
are included.

I am asking $350 plus shipping form North Carolina. I estimate the kit
weighs 75 pounds.

2. Cleveland Institute of Electronics PTL-1 Personal Training Laboratory.
This is an analog trainer. It has twin variable 15 volt power supplies, a
variable signal generator (0-20 KHz), a 30 volt AC source, and a
breadboard.  The trainer is like new, no scratches on the case. There are
three unopened boxes of parts (transformers, resistors, caps, transistors,

 , but alas no manuals.  However lab manuals for electronic courses are
readily available..

$50.00 and I'll ship within the lower 48 states.

Mark     WB4UHI

Mark Hughes  WB4UHI
Kings Mountain, NC  28086

Want to know more about Civil War cemeteries? Check out my two books:
Bivouac of the Dead and The Unpublished Roll of Honor

Sponsored by the City of Tempe

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov