Removing labels

Shadow shadow at GILROY.COM
Mon Jun 14 15:27:37 EDT 1999

> Lots of chemicals will remove labels, stickers from metal pannels or modules BUT....
> eproms,and Plastic Pannels and Cases can be REAL Trouble. Also general marks from
> grease, tar, oil and wax.

The two best I have used for years are. That will not damage by removing paint, lettering
or chemicals eating the finish { like Plastic } are

   WD-40

> Cigarette lighter fluid

I have never had problems using them

They work SLOW, just apply and make sure the sticker is saturated well.. Do it a few times
The oil base will break down the adhesive base. The sticker will release But some time not
easily, then use more to clean off the rest of the adhesive. It takes time, But will not
attack the finish. I have used it on thousands and thousands of eproms, also computer
plastic case and test equipment cases.

Gary

Sponsored by the City of Tempe

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov