More Heathkit parts and other goodies

George Gleim george at QNQ.COM
Wed Jun 16 20:36:07 EDT 1999

Hello again, and thanks in advance for the bandwidth.

You all snapped up my parts so fast that I need to add some more.

(1) Used but very servicable 4 pole, double throw wafer switch.  If my
memory serves me well, this is the Meter switch in from an SB-401.
Perhaps can be used elsewhere.
$4.00 shipped via U.S.P.S

(1) small, used but very good condition, air variable capacitor.  Madeby
Johnson and has the marking 20M11  If my memory serves me, it was the
GRID trimmer cap in a DX-40 (connects to a red knob?).  Sorry, cannot
recall the value but perhaps someone can let me know.
$4.00 shipped via U.S.P.S

(1) NEW, Old Stock.  2.5mH Plate Choke.  I think I was going to use this
in a homebrew project; small tube CW transmitter like a DX-20 or
something like that.  I can check my 1960 edition of the ARRL handboox
as I think the project was from there.  It is real nice, ceramic with 4
pi windings and designed to be mounted vertical.
$8.00 shipped via U.S.P.S

(2) 11pin male plugs, (2) 11 pin female jacks, and (2) shields.  These
are for those power cables between the HP-23 series power supplies and
various transmitters / receivers.  Purchased last year from Surplus
Sales of NE for ALOT of $$$ (neet stuff but kinda expensive).
All 6 pieces for $12.00 shipped via U.S.P.S.

(1) Heathkit Tank Inductor from a Heathkit HX-1681 transmitter.  New,
old stock.  Never used.  Part number 40-1934.  It's made from what
appears to be phenolic or fiberglass core, perhaps 1.5" wide and about
3" long.  Taped for 10/15, 20, 40, and 80 meters?   Again, another
homebrew project that never came to pass.  Nice Coil!  Easy to rewind if
different taps are required
$8.00 shipped via U.S.P.S

Lastly, I have a large, 100Khz OSC. Cal. Xtal.  You know, the tall
ones.  Just tested it and it works fine.
$12 Shipped U.S.P.S

And, I still have the NOS 5U4GB and the 1.1mH RF Choke.

Thanks again for helping me clean out the bins and I am thankfull that
some of you will be getting good use from these items.  It's nice to
know that my old parts can keep someone's prized Heathkit running  well
into the 21st Century!

Very best regards,

George

Sponsored by the City of Tempe