Note: Heath Z-Bridges (long)

Sandy W5TVW ebjr at WORLDNET.ATT.NET
Thu Jun 17 12:36:51 EDT 1999

    I don't know what I would have done without the two Heath
bridges!  I had the
charcoal grey version of the impedance bridge (IB2A?) and same
veersion of the
"Q" meter.
    The First being most useful for measuring resistors and audio
inductors.  The
"Q" meter I considered an "electronic" ARRL Lightning Calculator!
    I no longer own them, but now have a Leeds & Northrop
Wheatstone bridge
(very accurate for very low value resistors!) and a General Radio
1650B
Impedance bridge.  I found a TS-617/B "Q" meter at a hamfest.  It
has one
lower and one higher range than the Heath did and is even more
useful.
Both are VERY useful instruments.  Another device which is a
"sleeper"
is the Autek RF-1 RF bridge.  Also extremely accurate and useful
within
it's range and very easy to use.
    Always wanted a General Radio 1606B RF admittance bridge, but
was always "too late" when one appeared at a hamfest!
73,
Sandy W5TVW

Sponsored by the City of Tempe

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov