Marauder Low CW drive help?

Dave Edwards ham at CYBERCOMM.NET
Sun Jun 20 09:19:11 EDT 1999

Howdy folks!  I'll be gutting in to a Marauder soon. It seems to work just fine
on SSB, but when tuning up on CW, the grid meter shows no drive at all, and
the plate only loads to about a quarter of what it should. The manual states that
the drive on CW is controlled by the front panel drive control pulling the grid to
ground (through a resistor) thus removing grid bias. On SSB, it is done a differant
way. So I am suspecting the resistor in the grid bias circuit.
Does anyone have any info on this area??
Thanks for the help!
...Dave