scope connection

Steve Harrison ko0u at OS.COM
Mon Mar 8 21:49:50 EST 1999

At 12:22 PM 3/8/99 -0600, Don wrote:
>Steve Harrison wrote:
[a big buncha baloney...]

Uhhh... Paul and youse other guys... W6CUX and W3ZF very nicely, kindly,
and gently  pointed out the errors of my beliefs in my post on the subject
of the HO-10 and IF connections today. To wit, Stu made me understand that
the SB610, the later model of the HO-10 Station Monitor, indeed does have
an IF input. Actually, however, according to the schematics on KB9JJA's web
pages, I now see that the SB610 has a tuned vertical amplifier which could
be set up for a range of IF frequencies (one at a time). However, the HO-10
vertical amplifier is untuned but presumedly can be used as high as 455 kHz
but probably not much higher. In other words, the Station Monitors were
capable of being connected to a receiver to display received signals from
the receiver's IF stage.

Dan's contribution to my edukashun was slightly more esoteric; he pointed
out that my statement that the HO-5404 matches the SB104 is in error by at
least an order of magnitude. Instead, the HO-5404 actually matches the
HW-5400 and SS9000 series while the SB610 and 614 were used with the SB104
series. Dan's words were kinda embarrassing for me to read since I actually
own an HO-5404, sitting right here in the middle of the op bench. I shudda
knowd better, sorry...

Thanks, Stu and Dan, for setting me aright and down gently! And Paul, sorry
to have mislead you.

73, Steve K0XP

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov