FS: GR-271 Color TV --real cheap!

Christian Fandt cfandt at NETSYNC.NET
Thu Mar 11 13:57:14 EST 1999

Hi Heath gang!

I have a model GR-271 color TV with all manuals and a few accessories for
reeeal cheeeep. Our old house is for sale and I cannot take the set with me
to the new house here. No space for all of my stuff. (The wife didn't like
the idea of putting it and a few boatanchors in the bedroom :(

Oh well, so it must go to a good home.

It was given to me about 1992 by my ex-boss. It has not been operated
since. I just had it on the shelf as a project whenever one of those
elusive Round Tuits appeared and dropped onto it. (I could use a whole pile
of 'em.) Meanwhile, the wife and I go out and buy another house and I have
not as much room for the collecton. Go figure.

I recall it was assembled by my boss around 1974 since he brought into work
a couple of modules he had to use the company's vacuum desoldering station
on and we discussed it then. He was living in the area from mid-'74 to late
'75 working as an EE at our company.

It had been built here in Jamestown, moved to Peoria, Illinois and then
back here to give to me when he came back to work at the company. It was
stored in the barn at the farm in Peoria for several years so there's some
dampness damage. But the set is complete. Seems I recall him saying the CRT
was getting weak.

First shows up in the 1971 Heath catalog.

I cannot really ship it as you know it's rather hefty but it could be if it
must. Cost won't be too cheap. Therefore, best way is to come here and pick
it up. Or if it comes to it, my wife and I could put it into the Jeep and
meet you halfway up to 100 miles on some weekend.

Here's the part you don't like: At the buyer's option the he/she may give
me $20 only if he/she feel it's worth it. If we need to meet halfway or
something, chip in a bit for gasoline. I'm easily negotiable :)

Come and get it!

Regards,  Chris
-- --
Christian R. Fandt,              Electronic/Electrical Historian
31 Houston Avenue             Phone: +716-488-1722  -Home
Jamestown, New York         email:  cfandt at netsync.net
14701-2627   USA
              Member of Antique Wireless Association

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov