SB200 Circuit Breakers

Kenneth Bakhaus bakken at MODEMPOOL.COM
Sun Mar 21 17:37:03 EST 1999

I was Engineering Manager from 1981 to 1998 when I retired for the company
making these CBs and others used in Heath products. These devices are
thermal circuit protectors using a snap disc bimetallic sensing element.
The company makes such devices only in volume (minimum of 500-1000 pcs per
part number at a time) and sells only to OEMs and to some distributors. I
would doubt there is any old inventory of these parts as to my knowledge
none have been produced for several years. The Heath parts were a special
configuration and may have had a special calibration to compensate for the
high temperature ambient inside the linear. I further doubt there is a
market need for the minimum 500-1000 pc run at this time. That's the bad
news - now the good news.

I am presently doing some part time consulting for them and will be in the
plant this coming week. I will review the specifications for this part and
see if there is a similar standard part made today that may work and be
available in distribution. Even if there is such a substitute, with minimum
order requirements, small quanities would be relatively expensive unless
there is a wider need where it would be economical for some one to procure
several for replacements and distribution to Heath users.

If there should be an similar substitute, it must be understood that it has
not been tested and verified for use in this application, but only based on
my best engineering judgement. Therefore, the user uses at his own risk!!

I'll advise after I have reviewed the product specs involved.

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
and in body: signoff HEATH