Heath QSL Cards, Image that You Can Edit and Print your OWN HEATH QSL card.

Fred Finster Fred_Finster at EL.NEC.COM
Thu Mar 25 02:44:28 EST 1999

Fred  Finster WB7ODY from Sunnyvale CA wishes to thank KEN K8PAO for a GREAT
IDEA!!
Here is the execution of it, for those who want to make their own HEATH QSL
card!
1)  Download the Mayura DRAW Shareware Program for PostScript Vector Editing
from http://www.mayura.com.    330Kbytes
2)  Next download the sample HeathKit QSL card  file  "QSL_HeathKit.pdx"
from my WEB site.   LARGE 1080Kbytes
     http://members.aol.com/beaglebaly/index.html
     You can see an example in Portable Document Format (PDF) file
"WB7ODY.pdf"  of a sample QSL card.  470Kbytes

3) Edit out My Call Sign and put in yours and your address.  Insert any kind
of BMP picture of any HeathKit product
    you choose.   I looked at the K9JJA HeathKit Website and selected the
HW100.jpg file.   I used the Microsoft Photoshop to change from a
    JPEG format to a BMP format.   Then inserted that HW100.BMP image.  In
MAYURA DRAW, click on 'T' Icon, then click on the Text to EDIT with your
call sign. USE <Ctrl-U> to un-group so you can move objects around, <Ctrl-G>
to group.  <Ctrl-C> to copy,  <Ctrl-V> to paste  View-Grid to change "Snap
to Grid settings"

4)  Print your creation out on a HP Postscript Laser Printer.
5)  Take down to your Kinko's Copy and have printed on to "GREEN" or "TAN"
Card Stock for about 15 cents a sheet. Use the Paper Cutter to separate.
Now you have a short run of HeathKit QSL Cards.
Thanks again to KEN K8PAO for HIS IDEA shared with us "greenies" on this
mail reflector.

You might want to download the GhostScript(tm)  for printing postscript on
other than Laser Printers.  http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/index.html

Now I feel like I have given back to this Wonderful Group that shares so
many Ideas with each other.
I just read a lot and enjoy the things I learn from each of you.
Say, for QRP to the Field  contest and/or Field Day in June, is any HeathKit
owner have plans to bring their prize Heathkit Radio out to the Field and
compete for the fun of using a real HeathKit?