QSL design

Kenneth Bakhaus bakken at MODEMPOOL.COM
Thu Mar 25 14:29:58 EST 1999

Thanks a lot guys for all the interest and help with this relatively simple
design idea. Someone in a note mentioned copyright problem potential and I
had thought of that too with my background in trademarks and patents.
However, the SB102 scanned in for this sample was from a 4/70
"Specifications and schematic" sales flyer from heath. Amazingly there is
absolutely no copyright notice on it that I could find anywhere so I didn't
feel any wrong in scanning it. Scanning other gear from manuals and etc.
may have problems in this area. But what the heck, just take your own
photos, crop'em and use them. Shouldn't be any problem there I don't think.

Since several of you have now posted it (and thank you muchly) I won't
email any more of this file unless someone can't DL it from one of the
sites mentioned.

I've had the basic 4 QSLs per page format for a while. In working on a
5BWAS I run in to someone once in a while who says, "I'd QSL but don't have
any cards". No excuse I say - I'll print four for you with your cal and
address and send with mine- please fill in one for me and return it in the
SASE. Works too!

By the way, I have done a similar thing with my newer gear (non-heath) and
put a small set of graphics on my return address labels. WordPerfect allows
you to put graphics on labels but I sure haven't been able to make Word do
the same, it wants text only. If someone knows how to make Word (Office 97
Pro) do it, let me know.

One other thing I do. Right now I have relatively plain QSL cards - all
info on the front and nothing on the back. For cards I send out in
envelopes, I print with my laser the graphic of the new rig and 2 pictures,
one of the chief op (old and needs updating) and one of the antennae. For
cards I mail, I sueeze all or part of this down to just the left side. Just
another idea for thought.

73
ken, K8PAO (since 1959)

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov